Sunday, December 4, 2011

Do they see?

I'm sorry if this steps on some toes. But I feel it needs to be said. so excuse me while I rant a bit. Some wise person once said to Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary use words. 2 Timothy 2:24 says And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Now this is where my rant starts. When people who are christians make jokes about gay or homosexual people? Why do they do that. They just dont understand. As a Christian weather we agree with homosexuality or not, it is not a matter to be made fun of. Yet so many Christians make jokes about it all the time. Almost every time I hang out with a Christian group I hear one. Honestly I cant stand it. When people make jokes about it is making fun of either the person or the way they live. All in all it destroys your witness as a believer.  It sounds either judging or like you dont care or it sounds like you are saying you are better than someone. But your not. Homosexuals are people too and they need the love of Christ like everyone else. 
OKAY RANT IS OVER... So preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary use words. Your witness is one of the most important things in your relationship with Christ. When people look at you they pay attention weather you know it or not people are always watching you. Can they tell that you are a Christian by your actions, the things you choose and choose not to do, or the way you handle things? Especially if you are a Christian. They want to know what you have why you are different and why you stand out among anyone else. If you are just doing the same as everyone else they will never be able to see that  you stand out that you are saved, that you are a Christian. Romans 12:2 says Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.   Can they see who you are just by your actions, or the words that come out of your mouth can they tell that you have been saved by grace and are a son or daughter of the most High King? Can they see Jesus in you? Todays song is called "Do They See Jesus in Me" by joy Williams

Is the face that I see in the mirror
the one I want others to see
Do I show in the way that I walk in my life
The love that You've given to me
My heart's desire is to be like You
In all that I do, all I am
Do they see Jesus In Me
Do they recognize Your face
Do I communicate Your love, and Your grace
Do I reflect who You are
In the way I choose to be
Do they see Jesus In Me
It's amazing that you'd ever use me
But use me the way You will
Help me to hold out a heart of
compassionate grace
A heart that You're spirit fills
May I show forgiveness and mercy
The same way You've shown it to me
Now I want to show all the world who You are
The reason I live and breathe
So You'll be the One that they see
When they see me



link to song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LcjNidQTC8   (its worth a listen I PROMISE)

1 comment:

  1. Hi masterduckie, well, nobody wants to know whether I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, therefore I have to ram the gospel down their necks whether they like it or not, at least they have then been confronted with the gospel. :-)

    ReplyDelete